cakie

Notes to self:
-English paper piecing is addictive, yet so very satisfying.
-Not everyone will find mustard colored frosting appealing, but it sure looks fun.
-Add this movie to Netflix queue, and don’t forget because it looks really good.

12 Responses to cakie

1. lilly says:

It looks like caramel frosting to me. Mmmm.

2. Carrie says:

The paper piecing seems so daunting to me! =) The cake looks yummy!

3. swirlyarts says:

That cake looks delicious!

4. enviee says:

I started a project like this a while ago, except I’d seen these amazing things on a quilting program… plastic hexes that you sew around.. with a little hole in the middle. You sew the corners of the fabric around the hexs, then sew the pieces together… and then you can pop the middle pieces out with a knitting needle and use them again. I guess its pretty difficult to explain. .. there’s a website with the product:http://quiltpati.tripod.com/
    I was cutting out similar things out of yogurt container lids though, but it was so tedious I think if I pick it up again I may just buy them..

5. Christine says:

I love the green frosting but yeah, not so into the mustard-colored edges.

6. kate says:

I think the cake looks beautiful! I actually love the color combination.

7. Dotty says:

The funny thing is I find English paper piecing less intimidating than other types of patchwork. I think it is because I was taught it when I was very young by my grandma but i’m only starting to lean other techniques now. Also I like the control you get from hand sewing.
    I also think the cake looks lovely – its making me hungry now!!

8. knitxcore says:

gigantic looks so incredibly sweet :-)

9. Debby says:

You are slowly convincing me that paper piecing isn’t as much work as I always thought it was. Always love the food pictures….

10. Summer says:

The cake is super fun!

11. melanie says:

That cake looks fabulous!

12. Heather says:

One of my other friends has been obsessed with english paper piecing lately and all these wonderful pictures are making me want to try it so badly! They are the cutest things!

I love that cake you made and the plate it is on.

Thanks for posting a link to that movie. I just added it to my queue!