halloween

More Halloween stuff…For our party I couldn’t decide on whether I wanted these owls from Martha, or these really cool toe-tags invitations from Brooklyn Limestone. So I got them both printed and will use a little of each :)

The instructions for these pumpkins are again from Wisecraft’s awesome projects I couldn’t find matte spray paint so I just used glossy. Some of the ornaments seemed to have a little trouble taking the paint-as in the paint they already had would sort of crack. But I just kept layering the paint, and even though they are not totally smooth, I still really liked how they turned out. The ornaments were thrifted but not at all antique. Oh and the ribbon was thrifted too!

The last photo is some cool Halloween fabric which I got at Walmart of all places. I am planning to make the kids each a trick or treat bag from them. I’ll leave you with a few more Halloween links I am loving..

Owlsorts-Allsorts new Halloween blog, I just love it!

Cat + Owl masks– from Martha of course…I’m going to get some of these printed too.

Skip To My Lou’s-Halloween votive tutorial, really great use for small jars. We don’t have babyfood but I think small jelly, pickle, etc jars would work.

13 Responses to halloween

1. Paul Overton says:

I love Halloween and I dig this round up. Those owls are awesome! Thanks for the post.

2. mrslimestone says:

Yours is the first photo I’ve seen of them in print – thanks for the mention. Hope your guests get a kick.

3. Carrie says:

Love that owl fabric! I’m going to have to make a trip to Walmart for that =)

4. KCavender says:

I love all of your wonderful creations!

5. Nicole says:

I love all of your Halloween finds! I’ve started decorating already around our house. Halloween is by far my very most favorite of holidays!

6. Solar Panel says:

Hey, wonderful post. I just found your blog and I am already a fan. :D

7. We used the martha owl cards last year! I loved them. All of our friends kept them hung up on the fridge for a couple of months afterward because they thought they were so darn cute! One thing that really surprised me was that Michaels Craft store has some cute Martha Stewart Brand halloween stuff!

8. Heather :0) says:

I had a wonderful time with you yesterday! I hope you are having a fun birthday today with Tom. Happy Birthday Heidi!!!!

9. Amity says:

It was 105 degrees here yesterday but those photos are really putting me in the mood for Autumn despite the heat!

10. My kids love Halloween because they get to wear very nice yet creepy costumes. Thanks for some great ideas for the trick or treat!

11. alanna says:

You all are going to have such a fun Halloween! I hope to see you & all your adorable stuff at Crafty Bastards. :-D

12. lilikindsli says:

2zLJIG I want to say – thank you for this!