Inspector Gadget

Don’t be fooled into thinking this is his Halloween costume, oh no he’s going as Sherlock Holmes…but my little guy is super into detective and mystery solving right now (hence the Sherlock Holmes costume) and he has been asking for a trench coat for months now. I told him I would probably have to make one because I didn’t even know they made trench coats for kids.

Just imagine my surprise and delight when I came across this trench coat at Goodwill this afternoon for $4! B has been wearing it ever since, sleuthing around the house. He says he looks just like Inspector Gadget and I have to agree.

B and I spent all day together on a school field trip–outside–the entire day. It was 50F today and I am still cold from it. We are going to go make a big pot of hot chocolate and cuddle up in some blankets to watch Inspector Gadget :)

11 Responses to Inspector Gadget

1. Jacqueline says:

Normally I don’t leave comments, but I wanted you to know that this is adorable. My daughter used to have a thing for detectives too – she started the Black Cat Detective Agency. I would make mysteries for her to solve (leaving clues around) and she also learned about checks and payments this way because her clients paid her and she noted them in her Black Cat Check Book that I made for her. This lasted for several years – have fun with it! And happy detecting! (My little detective is 19 now and still remembers what fun it all was.)

2. Piston says:

Wow! That’s so awesome, he’s adorable in it XD Maybe you should introduce him to the Hardy Boys… You could read them together!

3. Cindy says:

Ohh so wonderful!! and I am loving Jacqueline’s comment also.

4. I saw these beautiful Totoro plates & thought of you ~ http://www.jbox.com/SEARCH/totoro_plate (not sure if you are a fan, but they reminded me of you for some reason)

And if that doesn’t get you, what about this doughnut shaped tape cutter? http://www.jbox.com/PRODUCT/JPN114 I’m tempted!

5. lisa c says:

Aw he is too cute! What a fun day together!

6. Heather :0) says:

What a great find Heidi. I know how much B is into Inspector Gadget. I love how imaginative he is!! Just like his Mommy.

7. denisef in c'ville va says:

3 words from my daughter’s spy years:
    Harriet.
    the.
    Spy.

8. Janet Nolan says:

How creative he is already! Tell him that Nanny loves him and K very very much!

9. NancyB says:

I grew up in England and the trench coat (we called them macks) were a part of the public school uniform. Speaking of England, I used to love those Enid Blyton books, the Secret Seven, about seven kids solving mysteries together.

10. Polprav says:

Hello from Russia!
    Can I quote a post in your blog with the link to you?

11. Evonne says:

Is he your little guy who also likes to wear bow-ties? I see he has a certain specific style already! SOOOOOOO Cute!