So I finally checked the book Hello Cupcake out of our library. I had seen photos online and really wanted to be able to look through the whole book, and it is awesome. I was really hoping for an excuse to make some of the cupcakes, and tonights library bake sale was the perfect excuse!

We made the tv dinner cupcakes from the book. Except since the cupcakes are going to be sold individually we left out the chocolate pudding ones, and simply made six of each of the others. The mashed potatoes and peas + carrots are my favorites, they are so funny.

I decided to make little tv signs to explain what the cupcakes are…just in case any one is confused :) We used the foil cupcake liners too instead of the foil pans, again since they will be sold individually. Lets hope they all sell out and help the teen group raise money for their gingerbread contest!

19 Responses to cupcakes

1. oh my gosh these are so great! super funny. wicked well done! i’m sure they will be a hit. have fun!

2. the smashed potatoes with butter and gravy cracks me up!

3. Heidi says:

The mashed potato cupcakes are the most amazing things I have ever seen!! xoxo

4. claire says:

Seriosly! so AMAZING!!!!

5. coryy says:

my kids STILL remember april fool’s day 5 years ago when i made candy peas & carrots…this is definitely a book i’ll get out of the library! I LOVE the potatoes!

6. Lisa says:

What is on top of those mashed potato cupcakes to make it look like gravy?
    Oh! And what flavours are these?

7. Coralene says:

Oh good job! I bought that book for my nine-year-old and she is still having fun with it. There are so many amazing cupcakes in that book that I want to try still! I think I’ve only made the butterflies… I just like melting and freezing the candies :)

8. Wow, those are amazing! What did you use for the carrots on the peas & carrots cupcakes? I know my mother-in-law is always searching for this peas & carrots candy shaped like that which she used to always buy for Easter but can’t find anymore.

9. Ah, I thought I had searched for the peas & carrots candy before, but I guess not! A lot of places carry it online ~

10. Heather says:

Those look amazing!! Wesley cracked up when he saw them. He thinks the drumsticks are especially funny. I’m a fan of the mashed potatoes!

11. They are SO AWESOME!

12. Megan says:

I love these cupcakes!! I especially love the mashed potato ones and the peas and carrots cupcakes. I can’t tell what you used to make the butter and gravy on the mashed potatoes but the the carrots look like little caramel candies. They look so good I would expect them to taste like the real dishes!

13. Stace says:

You have the most incrediable talent! And your cupcakes looked better then the ones on the cupcake site. Is the book worth buying or it is best just to check it out like you did?

14. andreanna says:

wow those look awesome.

15. Maggi says:

Those turned out amazing!

16. Heather :0) says:

Those are sooo great Heidi. The mash potatoes and gravy looks so real.

17. Lydia says:

Those cupcakes are hilarious! i did a double take when i saw the mashed potato ones. Awesome!

18. These are amazing! What wonderful cupcake creativeness!