Pink

I have been having so much fun reading all your family traditions for the holidays, they are are so wonderful to read and really have me getting all excited. I promise that after my update Sunday I’ll post a bunch of Thanksgiving stuff, and will lay off the December holidays until Thanksgiving is over ;) Not all all that I want to rush it. I almost wish the whole season was longer.

The Ebelskiver above was totally inspired by HappyDoodleLand’s blog. When I saw that I just knew the kids and I had to give it a try. She has a link to a wonderful Youtube video that is really helpful too. For the first try I just used Light Bisquik mix and soy milk, mixed to a good consistency. They turned out soo good, and now I can’t wait to make a filled batch.

Oh and here are some photos of the studio. I tried to take pictures of all of it, but it was so overcast today. If it is sunny tomorrow I will try again.

7 Responses to Pink

1. Brittney says:

I love the design and color of your new studio! Very Creative =]

2. Jennifer says:

I grew up with ebelskivers! I tell people about them and usually the response received is “What are those?”. The family joke is that it’s *special* when you find the creme filled ones (the ones that aren’t cooked all the way through!) Love your room!!!!

3. jenni says:

love the studio

4. I’m so impressed by the little pastry… and the giant ones!

5. aisleen says:

Ebelskiver!! To me, thats the mark of the holidays. My mom always made them for Thanksgiving and Christmas breakfast. Filled with jam and plain. Yours are so perfectly round though! I’m used to footballs haha

And love that wall. Very awesome idea

6. Anja says:

Oh! Æbleskiver are lovely. I first encountered them when I moved to Denmark 10 years ago. Here’ they’re eaten for Christmas (well, in all of December) without filling, served with jam (respberry or strawberry) and icing sugar for dipping. You dip it first in jam and then in sugar :) I don’t have a pan, but want to get one!

7. Nicole says:

Your studio is just too awesome!!!!! I love the color :) I hope to one day have a craft room of my own…