for my gnomie Heather

Here is a gnome guy I made for my sister Heather. He is inspired by vintage gnomes that I have seen online, and was quite fun to make. I used pantyhose from a thrift shop (but still in package ;) for his head and body. It reminded me of the babies my mom made us from pantyhose when we were younger. One that was hooked to a blanket so you could make it move around and look real, anyone else remember those?

Anyway, lots of fun to make..

I also made eggnog squares for our party to use up some of the eggnog we had left. I didn’t read the whole recipe through before making them (I never do! haha) and then when I came to the part about the water bath I just said “aw forget it” and popped them in the oven. I still baked them the same amount of time, and they are wonderful! Nothing bad happened to them without their bath. Oh and I didn’t add any alcohol either…

Thomas is off for the next three days, so I might not get a chance to update…we have some fun plans for New Years Eve and New Year’s Day so I’ll be back with photos hopefully by Sunday or so. I hope everyone has a safe and fun New Years! See you in 2010!

7 Responses to for my gnomie Heather

1. Silvia says:

Happy New Year too!!!

2. Megan says:

I love the gnome and I swear when I say I made the same eggnog squares for my coworkers!!!! I did add brandy to mine but it was so minimal that I probably wouldn’t have noticed the difference if it would have been left out. The recipe was from Martha Stewart though and I did do the water bath but it’s nice to know that your recipe came out just fine when not doing it (especially since I nearly scalded myself half a dozen times taking the pan out of the oven and out of the water bath! lol) Enjoy your New Year’s and I can’t wait to see what you have in store for your shop in 2010!

3. Lisa c says:

I do remember my mom making some baby dolls with stockings or sock faces but I think they were an experiment
    because I don’t remember her ever giving them to us. She must not have liked the way they turned out.

4. Heather says:

I totally remember those dolls hooked to a blanket so you could make it move and look real! I had one and it creeped me out!

5. Heather says:

I love my gnome!!You gave me such wonderful things like always. I am so in love with my elf head cookie jar, great find!!! When I got home from your house I had fun going through all my stuff again and putting them in their new home.

6. Vic says:

Happy New Year to you & your family too :-)

7. KACY says:

I’ve been looking all over for this!

Thanks.