Angry Birds

angry birds

DSC_0045

DSC_0041

DSC_0037

DSC_0026

A lot of you have probably already heard of Angry Birds, a really addictive game you can play on a lot of phones. Tom would play it while we waited at the school for our youngest son, and I would think it looked silly…a waste of time. That is until I tried it and became a bigger Angry Birds addict them him. I beat the game, then beat all The Seasons ones they put out (currently trying to slowly play the St. Patrick’s one so it is not over so very soon)

Then we got the version for the PS3 for the kids to play (although I haven’t even played that one yet…I’d prefer a version for the DS) Our youngest son loves the characters and even has about a million drawings he has made of them all over our house.

I thought for his birthday that I would make him some small plush based on the chracters, but weight them with a mixture of rice/polyfil for weight. Tom bought a sling shot and now he can play a real life version of angry birds with blocks, the characters, and a sling shot. Think this amazing cake, but not edible ;)

I think we are going to try and surprise him and set it all up on one of the tables downstairs on the morning of his party, so we will see how that goes. :)

I made all the birds including the oversized red bird. The yellow birds were probably the fastest to make…but the pigs were the most fun! In the end there are 12 birds, and 6 pigs. Most can fit easily into the palm on your hand because they are on the small side.

Now I am off to go get started on the birthday cake(s)…..I’ll be back some time Sunday with photos to share.

14 Responses to Angry Birds

1. Hollie H says:

O M G!! I am a recent angry bird addict and I am IN LOVE with these plush!! You MUST start selling them in your shop!!! I would buy them up in a jiffy :) I would LOVE to be able to give some of these to my BF for his upcoming birthday….

2. Hollie H says:

IN LOVE!! I am a recent Angry Bird Addict and I would LOVE to get some of these for my BF! Please start selling these! :)

3. elysa says:

I always follow your original creations, I love them! and your last work it’s great!!! I really like angry birds XD

4. Jennifer says:

The yellow birds look like angry Burt from Sesame Street! I love these guys.

5. melissa says:

I knitted some angry birds (and pigs) for my boys. They build elaborate structures out of our tree blocks and then lob angry birds at them. It’s great fun. (:

6. Katie says:

These are amazing! I haven’t checked my updates on my phone in awhile, so I didn’t realize the ‘Seasons’ one had released a St. Patrick’s theme level..there goes my evening! :)

7. Megan M says:

I love those plush birds and pigs! They’re adorable! I don’t have a good enough phone to have angry birds but I have played it on a co-worker’s phone and was quickly hooked! I would definitely buy these if you sold them in your shop!

8. megan says:

These are too cute! I have Angry Birds on the PS3.. but we beat it and now I crave more levels! Last week on Ohdeedoh they had these http://www.makeandtakes.com/crafting-with-angry-birds little pom pom angry birds! and then a few months back someone had posted these http://obsessivelystitching.blogspot.com/2010/12/angry-birds-plush.html I love the Angry Bird craze and wish that I could make some of my own.. but I’m definitely not patient enough. :)

9. Jena says:

That’s awesome! :) My little 2 year old nephew loves watching me play… he calls it “Greeny Birds”. :)

10. kristine says:

Awesome! You are the coolest mom ever!! We are addicted to Angry Birds too. My two youngest girls keep asking for AB dolls. You have inspired me to make a few.

11. Claire says:

Heidi, your blog is wonderful and I ADORE the Angry Birds! What materials have you used? – felt?

12. Melina says:

These are amazing!!! The pig’s faces with their black eyes, and the laughing pig really get me! :D
    I too have become addicted to this game after thinking it was not for me. Love all the angry birds too!

13. Omg – these are *so* cool!! He’s gonna love them!

14. Becky Farley says:

:) We are an Angry Birds LOVING family! These are so great! You’re such an awesome mama!! These are very cool!