Thrifty Thursday – Board Games

One of my biggest weaknesses at the thrift shops is board games. I don’t feel very badly about this one though, because we play the games! We play board games probably 2-3 times a week.

A few of our favorite thrifted games are by the company Ravensburger. We got this one game Midnight Party around Halloween for $2, and it was quite fun….more recently we found a copy of Labyrinth (which I thought might be boring) but we loved it! It’s one we play all the time, and it turns out they still make it too. (You can find Midnight Party – A Game by Wolfgang Kramer online too, but it goes for so much)

board game
board game

Of course some of the board games are much cuter to look at then they are to play….but how can I resist those? Do you have a favorite board game I should keep an eye out for at the thrift shops?

Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Thrifty Thursday – Board Games

1. LIz says:

Oh man the Pac Man game was my older brother’s and I ‘s favorite growing up! I forgot all about that!

2. Nettie says:

oooh, we love labyrinth! But who knew they made a pac man board game! Ha!

3. rae says:

i can’t resist games either! i have the same forest friends one. it is way cuter to look at than it is to play! I love your copy of candy land and labyrinth looks fun!
    we really like to play probe, which i see at thrift stores all the time. it isn’t super cute, but it is fun!

4. Rachel says:

Those are awesome. I love playing games with my girls. Lately we went thru our games to get rid of ones that they out grew and I started laughing when I saw them bust out the Candyland game and started playing it. I guess your never too old for Candyland. I would love to have some vintage ones like these. Where do you find yours?

5. joetron2030 says:

We had the opportunity to play Labyrinth for the first time a few years ago at a neighbors house and really enjoyed the game. Our girls were too young for it at the time but they’re older now. So, we recently bought a fancy edition of it. They’ve added some optional elements to it that add to the enjoyment.

6. Oh my goodness, I had that Pacman game! No idea what happened to it.

7. ferris says:

I remember a game called Enchanted Forest getting pulled out a lot more frequently than most of the board games we had as kids.

8. Sarah says:

Love these old games. I have a stash of boards to frame.

9. robbie says:

i’m always afraid to get any b/c of missing pieces and the like. that one with the faces looks so fun!