July Crafternoon

Yesterday I held my July Crafternoon for nine of my lovely lady friends. For this one we carved rubber stamps to stamp onto reusable grocery bags. Luckily we only had one finger slice, although I would have preferred no one leave with a wound, it was pretty good considering we used exacto knives. You can see poor Katie with gauze on her finger in these photos. You may also notice she switched to an apple after her injury :( Molly brought the apples for cutting/stamping which was perfect!

I made a fake-chicken rice soup even though it’s Summer. Soup is just easiest to feed a crowd, and was easy to make gluten-free for one of my guests. I did however make a gluten filled loaf of no-knead bread, but I’m not sure how to make GF bread so it could of been disasterious if I tried. I also made a Fruity Pebble cheesecake because that was easy to make GF. I just used a GF recipe for NY Cheesecake and made the crust from crushed fruity pebbles. Swirled some into the batter and added them to the top. This also disguised the crack that formed quite nicely!

Tasha made vegan chocolate chip/cream cheese pumpkin bread, it was of course amazing. Meri made a salad of tomatoes, mozzarella, and olives…called “snackies” which was perfect to break up the sugar coma, Molly made a cake batter dip for animal crackers and strawberries (yep cake batter dip!) and Paige brought a peach cobbler cake (and the pan was empty at the end of of the night).

It was so much fun and I can’t thank these ladies enough for coming every month!
**Speaking of hand carved stamps did you see the Geninne’s book Making an Impressioncomes out Oct. 2nd!! She is the queen of hand carved stamps, no question about it!

Tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to July Crafternoon

1. Rachel says:

That looks like so much fun. How do you come up with ideas for your craft projects? And what kind of budget do you set for it?

Vintagehoneybee.blogspot.com

2. Kristy says:

Crafts and yummy treats! Love the Nyanko cat tats too.

3. mollie says:

I’m kinda jealous of your crafternoons…just sayin’…

4. Aww Mollie, you are always welcome if you want to make the trip!! :)

5. Kristy, me too her tattoos are all so great :)

6. Rachel, I try to check pinterest for ideas…its hard because I always want it to be something that can be done simply, by everyone! I haven’t ever really set a budget for the crafternoons, but if you wanted to do one of your own having a potluck works great and then depending on the craft you can ask people to bring an item. I asked people to bring any exact knives they had and that I would have a few stamp colors but if they wanted something specific that they should buy that color, because i wasn’t sure what I would find.

7. nickey says:

Wow you are so creative and I love all of your crafty ideas!!! I know I would love to dot his with my friends, family and the kids would love it:)!!! I have your blog saved on my bookmarks and whenever I am bored I always stop by and check out your fabulous and colorful blog for inspiration! Looking at pictures of your cute kitschy home makes me want to get off my tush and clean my house lol and do fun arts and crafts with my babygirl:)! Thank you so much Heidi for all of the fun ideas and inspiration!!! You truly rock:)!!!

8. Nickey, thanks so much for such kind words! I really appreciate it!! You should try a crafternoon, they are so so much fun!

9. nickey says:

Aww thank you so much for the reply Heidi:)!!! I will deffinetly have to try a crafternoon, You make them look so much fun:)!!!! Thanks so much again for all the awesome and fun ideas~ I love your style & art you are so so wonderful:)!!!

10. Debbie says:

Looks like you girls had a lot of fun and tons of laughs. What a great thing to do. I love seeing all the things you come up with, your amazing!

11. Crafternoon says:

Looks like a very fun Crafternoon. We did handprinting at one of our Handmade Crafternoons at the New York Public Library and it was a big hit. But alas, we can’t have food at our Crafternoons, so no Fruity Pebbles cheesecakes for our guests. I’ll definitely follow your Crafternoon posts from here on out!

12. crafternoon–your book looks really great! I will have to get a copy!

13. Thanks so much Debbie :) :)