Thrifting Thursday – Cabinets

cabinet makeover

Last week when I was thrift shopping with my sister I came across this cabinet, and just fell in love. It has the cutest shape, with sweet little legs, and it was pretty cheap too! So I bought it to sand, and paint…

shelf

Some of the wood wasn’t in the best of shape, and they had replaced that middle shelf with some sort of particle board, not very lovely at all. I got paint from Sherwin Williams (the color is larchmere).

cabinet makeover

My thrifted thermos collection fits perfectly on top (in a thrifted metal basket haha)

cabinet makeover

It has a drawer that is perfect for all my dishtowels and potholders…

cabinet makeover

My Santa collection fits in the glass-doored part perfectly, and I love the red & aqua together :)

cabinet makeover

Plus all my tea supplies have a spot!

Tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Thrifting Thursday – Cabinets

1. Lauren says:

That cabinet is beautiful! I love everything about it, the color, the legs, and the Christmas decor looks amazing in it. What a great find, and project!

2. Rachel says:

That turned out beautiful. I need to take a closer look at furniture pieces at the thrift store that need a little love.

Vintagehoneybee.blogspot.com

3. Colleen says:

I love what you did with that cabinet! Lucky!

4. Well, I love everything about this post. I love the cabinet, what’s in and on the cabinet, and the whole color scheme…oh, and the pot holders!!

5. Oh, girl. You sure do have an eye for how a thing can be transformed. It’s beautiful!

6. Amoxelle says:

It reminds me greatly of the same cabinet my mom and I found almost 8 years ago at our salvation army store. I love the blue, it matches the background of your rain drops!

7. Angie says:

I love your cabinet too! But what I love most is how you DO things– I would have thought about the cabinet but left it behind and regretted it OR bought it and let it hang out looking sad and keep thinking about how I should sand and paint it– but you get stuff done! Very inspirational.

8. I love the cabinet and the color you chose. I want one!

Amanda, can you let me know if you get an email reply? I am trying out a new comment reply system and I’m not sure if its working