masks

After a lot of thought about it, I finally decided to try and hang our Halloween mask collection using nails and the elastic string on the backs. I wasn’t so sure it would work, but it did! I am so happy to have them up on our wall instead of piled in a stack on the shelf.

Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to masks

1. Debbie says:

They look Great!!!

2. Maggie says:

They look wonderful! What is that amazing Halloween picture hanging next to them? I love it!

3. becky farley says:

:) I 100% LOVE it!!

4. Heidi says:

I have a strawberry shortcake mask like this that I wore as a child and have been wondering what to do with it– this is a great idea!

5. Deborah says:

Those are totally wonderful! They look great.

6. JLVerde says:

Masks, schmasks. What is that cat print on the wall? Is that a feline-ized version of that Norman Rockwell thanksgiving piece? (ok, I have to google that now–I need one for a gift).

7. Amber says:

Love it! A bit of nostalgia swept over me as I remembered the one piece costumes that tied at the back of the neck. And the masks. Oh, the masks. They had that singular smell to them and the eye holes rarely, if ever, lined up with your eyes. But, the costumes were still fabulous. (sigh)

8. This works well at first, but after a time, the elastic will decay and first sag, then break (trust me). My advice is to string thin fishing line through the eyeholes, and hang them from that. You can see some of my masks hung in this fashion if you go to http://secretfunspot.blogspot.com/2007/07/what-i-did-on-my-summer-vacation-part-i.html and scroll down a bit.

9. lauren says:

amazing collection! and that trick-or-treat print! can you share where it is from? i love your house so, so much.

Thanks Lauren, the print is from

@Heidi – aw I love that you still have one of your own masks, thats great!. Someone on my comments posted that the elastic can sag over time and recommended fishing line through the eyes, which is a great idea!

@Debbie – thanks Debbie :) I was glad to finally get them hung up

@JLVerde – its actually a puzzle that I found at the thrift shop, I cant remember the name of the guy—but he does all cat puzzles like this, so im sure youd be able to find them pretty easily. I also have another puzzle by him that we framed…also cats

@Amber – Its true those costumes were crazy, but so good! Have you seen the halloween safety film from the 80’s on youtube…talking down those costumes :) its pretty funny

@Devlin Thompson – thanks for the heads up! I googled so many times before finally hanging them because I figured some one else must have done it, but didnt have any luck! The fishing line is a great idea!

@lauren – its from http://www.wertzateria.com/shop.html I love it so much, we have another one of the halloween prints from there too–but I think those are sold out. They are for something called driveway follies-which is a halloween celebration put on in someone’s yard in CA. There are some youtube videos and photos if you google it

@Devlin Thompson – Also—Your house is amazing….mind blowing amazing