Working Wednesdays – Computer Work

I’ve got some super exciting parties coming up in the near future, which of course means invitations! I’m currently working on not one, not two, but three different party invites. Thankfully, its pretty fun work. Above you can see the invites that I am making for my son’s 17th birthday. Holy moly right? 17!! His party is going to be a “saturday night cartoons & cereal” party so for the invites I’m making little boxes of cereal, with real cereal & prizes inside. I’ll have a PDF to share with you soon in case you ever want to throw a similar party, and I’ll share some photos of the finished boxes when I am all done.
Oh and working on the cereal box was so much fun that I’ve started working on a fabric design of cereal boxes, I can’t wait to upload it over on Spoonflower :)

Tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Working Wednesdays – Computer Work

1. Cadry says:

Oh, my gosh, Heidi! That’s so much fun! I love it that you’re going to put real cereal and prizes into each box. You could do a similar thing with Cracker Jack’s/caramel corn at some point if you wanted. Maybe for a carnival night! Those invitations are absolutely adorable.

2. Robyn says:

Heidi, you are so creative! I can just imagine how much fun it will be for the guests to receive and the excitement of opening each piece to see what the surprise is. It makes me think of Cracker Jax, and buying Art-o-mats.

3. katie says:

yay – I’m so glad he went with this theme. Vintage cartoons and cereal! Best ever. The cereal box is SOOO cute.

4. P says:

I think it’s great that your son still wants to have parties for his birthday. Some teenagers now… They grow up before they should.
    Can’t wait to see the cereal box pattern. It’s my favorite aisle in the grocery store.

P-I agree im glad he is still willing to have fun with his parties :)

robyn, aw thanks so much! I hope everyone likes them :)

cadry, thats a great idea about the cracker jack! Ill have to remember that one :)

8. Andrea Deal says:

Hi Heidi!
    I’ve been slacking on my blog reading as of late and haven’t been by for a while (but it’s so nice to be able to keep up with your goings on on Instagram when I fall off the blog train).
    Anyway, I LOVE these invites so much and the whole party idea is fantastic! Hey, do you have the Saturday Morning Cartoons Greatest Hits album circa 1995? It’s such a great little album.
    Also, I’m totally digging your new blog look and weekly features!

9. Kristine says:

What a fantastic theme! You are so great–creating wonderful memories for your children and celebrating these moments to the max!

Thanks Kristine, Im just glad they like wacky celebrations as much as me :)

Andrea, thanks so much for the sweet comments! :) I dont have that album but I have been making a mixed cd for the party guests with things like old cereal clips, songs, and jingles. I’ll have to look for that cd!