17th Birthday

Last weekend we celebrated Kurt’s 17th birthday, and his birthday fell on a Saturday this year! Since next year he will be away in college this was his final big birthday party (here at home at least) The theme was a Saturday Night Cartoons party, so I filled the pinata with cocoa’s, cereal bars, milk straws, and Wacky Packages cereal boxes.
We had quiche, egg stuffed croissants, pumpkin scones, and lots of cereal. Kurtis doesn’t like cake so his “cake” was a cereal-marshmellow cake. I made it with a combo of melted dandies marshmallows and rice mellow creme (earth balance too) I find the combination of the two make great marshmallow treats! Ten of his close guy friends came over for cartoons, and spent the night. It was a fun time!

Tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to 17th Birthday

1. Christa says:

This is so great. I really, really hope my 7-year-old still wants to have a party at home in 10 years- that is so freaking sweet.

2. Liz says:

I have been reading your livejournal/blog for years now and I have to say — you are such an amazing Mother. You are the coolest!

3. rae says:

i think i’ve commented this every time you posted anything about this party but I LOVE the theme! And that cake turned out to great! I’m really thinking about taking this idea and having a cartoon and cereal party too.

4. kittee says:

that cake is a thing of immense beauty!!!

Rae, im so glad you like it!! I would love it if you threw one!! I have a little package to send your way-just a few things ive found recently that reminded me of you. can you email me an address heidimypapercraneATgmail.com

Liz, aw goodness thank you so much! I try–but no one is perfect, I just want my boys to have a fun time growing up and love being able to share all the kooky things I love with them. But thank you, your comment was so so sweet

7. Persephone says:

Looks like a good time. Oh, I spot Cookie Crisp! Haven’t had that in forever!
    Also,I never knew your son’s name until now.

8. robbie says:

that cake! i hope he gave you an “omgihavethebestmomeveraward”.

Perephone, yeah I kept both kid’s names on the blogs, but now that he is 17 and a senior I guess he is old enough haha