Painting

My sister and I go thrift shopping once a week, we always grab a coffee and spend some time searching for treasure, I love being able to spend this time with her every week! Lately I have been keeping my eye out for a little cabinet to hold all my cookbooks. I spotted this little cabinet at the Salvation Army for $8 and knew it would be perfect. It had a cute shape but was made of particle board, so I knew I wanted to paint it. My sister suggested pink and I love how it turned out!
Here is a peek at the cabinet before and after primer.

Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Painting

1. Persephone says:

I love it! The pink is great.

thanks persephone :)

3. rae says:

it is so cute! i love those little knee hugging devils too! I’ve never seen those in my area. I wonder if it is because down here people get all uptight about devil stuff! They don’t even say deviled eggs, it is always dressed eggs. Haha.

4. NancyB says:

so cool. what a transformation.

thanks Nancy, the pink color was my sister’s idea–glad I went with it :)

Rae, haha oh thats so funny about the deviled eggs! My husband loves little devil themed things so for the past three years he has found a devil knee hugger in his christmas stocking. I’ve actually bought them on etsy and ebay—have never found one here. Although we have found other cute devil items.

7. Heatherica says:

It turned out amazing! I’m usually pretty open minded about how you can change the way something looks by doing something as simple as painting it, but I think I might have walked right by that! It looks perfect with all of your things on it!

Heatherica, I feel like some times I dont think enough about how paint can really change things up, but some times the cute spindly legs get me!