Maple Donuts

mapledonuts2
mapledonuts
maplesdonuts
On Wednesday my friend Molly had off of work, and so we planned a little day trip further into Pennsylvania.
Our first stop was Maple Donut’s in York PA. There are actually a few locations in York but I like the one of East Market St. best because the interior is so cute. Maple donut’s is still a family owned business that was started in 1946. Of course we had to get a dozen to bring home and share. When you buy a dozen, you get a baker’s dozen–so one to sit down and eat there.
After Maple’s we went to a few thrift shops in York, then headed back toward home to Hanover PA. Since Molly had never been to the Utz chip tour I had to take her. Then we stopped in the Utz shop and picked up a souvenir drinking glass.
After Utz it was time for lunch so we visited Crabb’s Tropical Treat drive-in. Unfortunately I didn’t get any good photos because I forgot to bring my camera and the iPhone ones are not so great, but you can see some great photos here (love this blog too by the way!) Crabb’s was founded in 1953 and has the teletray push button menus for ordering from your car. I had the veggie & cheese sub which was really good, but if I was a meat eater I would have been intrigued enough to order the “french poodle” because of it’s name alone!
It was a perfect quick day trip, and next time I will not forget my real camera! I got a bunch of fun things at the thrift shops that I will photograph properly soon. I’ve acquired quite a few fun dish ware items in the past couple of months.

Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Maple Donuts

1. Colleen says:

York is where my moms family is from! Love Maple Doughnuts! And filling up my can at Utz!

Colleen, I think York is such a cute town! :)

3. I am on such a donut kick lately and just bought my first Krispy Kremes this week! Those look delicious!

4. Dan says:

NO WAY! You guys were like 10 minutes from my house! LOL! Next time you’re in the area just shoot me an email or something and you can stop by and meet the family! ;)

5. April says:

Pennsylvania is so charming, and you always seem to find its very best spots! I would love to read more about your top places to visit/eat/thrift in Pennsylvania. Those donuts alone look worth the long car ride!

April, thanks! Maybe I should work on posts this summer for various parts of PA :)

Dan, oh thats so funny! York and Hanover are not far for us

Jessica, yum! We dont have any Krispy Kreme nearby so I love to stop whenever we are traveling!

9. Oh dear… these donuts. They will be the death of me.

Maria xx

10. Saw this & thought of you! (Looks like the link is broken, but you get the idea) http://pinterest.com/pin/170151692144255504/

Tiffany, thanks! always on the look out for fun ways to display mugs!

Maria, you and me both—why must they be so tasty?