Almond Joy Popcorn

One of our favorite snacks is air popped popcorn. We found an air popper a few years ago at the thrift shop, and not only is it still fun to watch, but it’s much better for you then microwaved prepackaged popcorn.

Some times to spice things up we will add stuff in, this almond-joy popcorn is my new go to, and just lightly coats the popcorn giving it a sweet chocolate/coconut taste. You can up the amount of toppings for a much more coated snack.

Almond Joy Popcorn
-5-6 cups of air popped popcorn
-1/4 cup of silvered almonds
-1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
-1 tablespoon coconut oil
-1 tablespoon coconut sugar
-1/2 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder

1. In microwave safe bowl melt coconut oil, then mix in sugar and cocoa powder.
2. Once those are all mixed add in coconut flakes and almonds.
3. In a large plastic container with lid add popcorn and toppings, seal lid and shake vigorously.
enjoy!

Tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Almond Joy Popcorn

1. Rob says:

That looks and sounds really, really good! We will have to try this! (Rob)

2. I’m obsessed with air popped popcorn, lately I’ve been snacking on gingerbread popcorn as my nightly snack. This looks great, I love touch of chocolate and especially those coconut flakes!

3. O.M.G. I’m SO pinning this! Yum!

domestocrat, haha not at all, just had a coconut/chocolate craving haha

jessica, hope you love it!

Pamela, me too I eat air pop all the time, is gingerbread just by sprinkling with ginger? Or something else…sounds delicious!

Rob, hope you love it!

8. I’ve never heard of coconut sugar before!

9. Ginger, Nutmeg, Cinnamon! It’s delicious. I made a post here about it: http://brooklynfarmgirl.com/2013/05/05/gingerbread-popcorn/

10. This looks really delicious while having a good family bonding at home.

Alexis, my kid’s dont like flavored popcorn, so this is my very special treat haha

Pamela, wow thanks so much!

Tiffany, our grocery shop Martins has two aisles that I refer to as “the healthy food aisles” although its just where they keep stuff like the fake meats, cheese, organics, gluten free etc. I found the sugar in the baking section.