IGGPPC

Back in May I received an email from the International Geek Girl Pen Pals Club, asking me to share it on the blog. I didn’t have a chance to check out the website right away, but I finally made a profile and signed up for a round of pen-pal sign ups and was paired up with a lovely gal in the UK.
I love writing letters and of course I have a passion for letter writing supplies (cute stickers & stationary)
The next round opens up on August 15th, and it’s all free…just create an account and then sign up to be paired with a pen pal.

Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to IGGPPC

1. Oh my! I think I would really enjoy this! I have always, always wanted to be a pen pal. I will look at this site for sure. Thanks for posting! By the way, I love stationary, notebooks, stickers, pen, Washi tape, envelopes, journals, Oh I could go on! I love your collection!!!

2. katie says:

This is great!…my only complaint is perhaps that boys might want in on such an awesome idea. I love the snack hound! So cute.

3. Kerri says:

Oh! Thanks for sharing this. I currently only have one pen pal, but have been looking to expand my list of pals. ;)

4. Kristy says:

This is great! I’m signing up.

5. Kate says:

Oh, I’m an Iggle, too! I currently have two pen pals from the UK (one in Yorkshire, one in Glasgow). It’s so nice to get something in the mail that isn’t a junk or a bill.

Kate, awesome! I just sent my first letter to my UK pal :)

Kristy, I love any excuse to send & receive mail!

Kerri, your welcome! Here is wishing you lots of fun mail :)

Katie, they actually already addressed that online:
    Why is the project only open to Geek Girls?
    Truth be told, we only imagined it would be popular among a certain demographic… girls! And we were right, as 1 in 500 people who signed up were female. But guys did still try to sign up. We matched them with other boys, and that was it, but we did have someone on Twitter kind of call us out on it, and I had to take a step back and be like, WOAH, am I being sexist? I made a post about it here. I had only considered that girls might have a stationery hoarding problem, Lisa Frank envelopes, and Sanrio sticker collection, but hey, maybe some dudes do too. So we’re probably just going to add a disclaimer that dudes can sign up if they really want… because 1 in 500 people who sign up are bros. We don’t want anyone to feel left out who wants to join in the fun, for real. ~Leslie
    and they say:
    Once a month on the 15th, we open up a new round of pen pallery, in an effort to match you with your International Geek Pen Pal soul mate. We want ladies and gents who love to write & send letters (and maybe the odd wee gift) who love all things geek and want to share that love. We’ll find the Han to your Leia, the Doctor to your Companion, the Sheldon to your Amy, the Batman to your Robin. Sign up, then put pen to paper for an awesome International Geek!

So boys & girls can sign up!

Bonnie, I feel that way too–I love having a collection of letter writing supplies :) Haha its almost a sickness ;) Good thing there are clubs so I can put them all to good use!

11. Em says:

Thanks so much for posting about our little corner of the web! Myself & the other staff girls are huge fans of yours, so we appreciate your involvement! <3 xx

Em, thanks so much for alerting me to it!

13. Blythe says:

I’m definitely signing up for this. I had pen pals as a teenager and loved it. Thanks for sharing!

I think we have a lot in common Heidi if you’d like another pen pal. I’m a Brit living in Canada.

Blythe, that would be wonderful, can you email me your address?