Oh those funny thrifts

thrift
While I have found many amazing items at thrift shops this Summer, some times I run across some crazy items for sale. On the left a used disposable razor, the thrift shop this was in has had some real crazy items for sale over the years, but the razor was pretty great!
The watering can isn’t odd except it was one of the favors at my Easter Crafternoon. I bought the little pitchers on sale 2 for $1 and then added a Easter sticker from my stash to the front of each one (and then added easter grass & candy etc) It was just so funny to see one at a Antique shop for sale.

Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Oh those funny thrifts

1. Persephone says:

When my dad divorced my ex-stepmom, I lost a box of books (At 12, my most prized possessions.) in the move. When I was 19 or 20 I was browsing the books at a thrift store when I came across copies of A Little Princes and The Secret Garden (Two of the books I had loved most and lost) and was floored to see my personalized book plates attached to their front covers.
    My daughter has them now. :)

2. Persephone says:

PS- The disposable razor just gives me the creeps. ugh…

3. Helen says:

Wow! it seems sort of dangerous to have a used razor just lying around like that…

Helen, I agree…also very weird

Persephone, that is the most lovely story of a thrift find I have ever heard!! Thats just so amazing!!

6. Katie says:

So that watering can was at my dad’s booth! haha. I gave him a box of stuff to get rid of.

Katie, haha I didn’t even think of that! I assumed someone had donated it to the thrift shop and then maybe someone picked it up to sell.

8. Amalia says:

The best find I’ve ever had is a book of my Grandfathers poetry. Only about 25 were published in the early 1900’s and my family somehow didn’t have one. I found one and it now has a prized spot on the bookshelf!

Amalia, that is such an amazing story! I love stuff like that, I bet you felt like jumping up and down in the store!

10. You have the greatest blog! I really love your posts and photos so much- and obviously your artwork :P

Jessie, that is so very sweet of you to say! Im so glad you like it :)