Letterboxing

On Sunday B and I decided it was high time we did some more letterboxing! It’s been over a year, and we decided to make new stamps for the occasion. If you’re unfamiliar with letterboxing here is a little blurb from letterboxing.org LETTERBOXING is an intriguing pastime combining navigational skills and rubber stamp artistry in a charming “treasure hunt” style outdoor quest. A wide variety of adventures can be found to suit all ages and experience levels
You can read about the first time we went out back in 2009 here.
We went in search of six different letterboxes and unfortunately we were only able to find two. It looked like the rest were missing in action. But we can’t wait to get back out there and try a different area next time.

Tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Letterboxing

1. rae says:

i love your new stamp! We were SO into letterboxing for a while, then the summer got too hot and we never started back up. I need to go out again soon!

2. Cate says:

I love that you hand-carved the stamps for the letterbox. This is something I’ve meant to try for a while, but somehow I never get around to it. It looks like so much fun, though! Like orienteering with art. :)

3. katie says:

It looks like you had a successful day!

Katie, now we need to branch out more and find even more!

Cate, Oh you’ll love it I am sure! Now that we’ve carved stamps I am itching to make even more :)

Rae, Yeah whenever it gets too hot, its the pits! We’ve been having such nice cool weather up here, so I’m dreading the day it turns!

7. Letterboxing! We went a few times in 2006-2008 but the last time we had too many missing boxes like you mentioned. It gets really frustrating when you invest so much time per box, and then you barely find any.

I still love the idea though. I don’t think our 3 year old would handle it well now, but maybe when he’s older we’ll try again. Here’s our stamp ~ http://tiffanyharvey.livejournal.com/27829.html (From MST3K Pod People)

Tiffany,
    Oh man, see thats so disappointing about the boxes! We never used to have so many missing either! We decided we are going to make a letterbox or two to go put out into the world :)
    Your stamp is so great!!