Salvation Army Fabric Sale

Wednesday was the kick off of the annual Salvation Army Fabric Sale here in PA. I kind of debated going on opening day, but then the night before I realized I would really regret it if I didn’t. So Wednesday morning I got up at 6am and my friend Crystal and I headed to stand in line (with lots and lots of other people) for a chance at some crafty supplies!
It was so much fun as always, and I was really restrained this year. I only filled two bags for myself, and one for my friend Molly who wasn’t able to get off work. She just opened a online shop selling the really cute things she makes using vintage supplies, check it out here!
I’ll take some detail photos to share of all the goodies I got, not much fabric this time-but goodness knows my fabric stash is not lacking.

Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Salvation Army Fabric Sale

1. Claire says:

Oh my goodness! You were restrained. That is so much amazing fabric goodness. Vintage (and heck, just thrifted) (okay, any fabric) is such a weakness of mine.

2. Amanda R says:

AWESOME! I keep collecting vintage fabric and I don’t even sew. I plan on sewing, but to be honest the sewing machine terrifies me. I knit, crochet and embroider. Throw in a machine and I’m a big baby.

3. Madeleine says:

Oh wow! This looks amazing! Can’t wait to see what you bought. It would’ve been so hard to restrain yourself!

4. Had so much fun! I’m so thankful you reminded me about it! I can’t wait til the next one! Also the $2 filled trash bags not that great, but still worth paying $2!

5. JLVerde says:

AAAAAHHHH. I always forget about this!

Maybe that’s for the best. I am trying to reduce my craft hoard.

JLVerde, oh it is rather hard to resist when it’s in town! ;)

Crystal, thanks for coming and keeping me company in line. Good to know about the mystery bags haha

Madeleine, Im going to try and take some photos of my haul this weekend. Its really crowded the first day, so that always helps to keep yourself somewhat restrained because people beat you to stuff haha

Amanda, Oh you should really give it a try! I know it seems intimidating but the actual act of sewing on a machine is so easy and once you do it a few times it will start to feel really natural. Do you have any places in your area that offer a beginners class? That might help ease some of the stress :)

Claire, yeah I think this is the least I’ve ever purchased in all the years I’ve been going, haha Its hard but I have quite a nice stash-so no need to go overboard ;)

11. Wow! This place looks like heaven! I’d say you still did pretty well for being restrained! :)

Jessica, its quite heavenly!! :) I really gotta get some photos of the stuff I got taken :)