Blogs I Love

It’s been awhile since I’ve shared some blogs I really enjoy reading. Part of me always wonders what the collective thought on blogs is nowadays. Are people still actively looking for new ones? Do people feel they don’t have time to keep up with blogs and prefer the quick look on instagram or twitter instead? Obviously I still read blogs (though a lot less then I used to) and if you are here reading this, well then hello fellow blog reader! Here are two blogs I’ve been loving, and hope you might enjoy too!

Dinosaur Dracula
First up there is Dinosaur Dracula, I think I found Matt’s blog around Halloween of last year. He is a collector of amazing things that range from childhood toys to novelty food. Here is a blurb from his about section that I think sums up his blog perfectly: This site celebrates the sheer joy of trivial things, from Halloween decorations, to Ninja Turtles, to the pewter dolphin pendants sold in every aquarium’s gift shop. Dinosaur Dracula is, if nothing else, my perpetual excuse to enjoy things I’m no longer “supposed” to enjoy. The best part is not only does he post cool things, but he is a really funny writer. I think one of my favorite posts was about his 1993 Christmas Tiki Hut.

I used to keep up with Nina and her beautiful work in some other way (maybe through Flickr? Livejournal? I really am not sure) but then somehow lost her, and then found her blog recently and was really excited. She creates beautiful ceramics, and her blog features her home, her children/life, and her work. Its a beautiful space and I’m so glad to have re-discovered her in blog form.

8 Responses to Blogs I Love

1. Persephone says:

I still look for new blogs to follow! I’m going to add these to my reader.

2. rae says:

i still read blogs, though not nearly as many as i used too! i mostly keep up with ones where people post about their family and regular lives. and other people who love vintage stuff. i’ll check these out!

Rae, I guess the blogs I tend to read most are ones with creative inspiration, vintage things, or inspiring foods :) I tend to shy away from fashion, or minimalist lifestyle blogs. Haha I think you will love Dinosaur Dracula actually. When I first found it I spent a good few hours reading back through the old posts :)

Persephone, Oh so glad to hear it! Hope you love them! :)

5. ivonne says:

I still read/upkeep a blog. It’s my sunday morning ritual, coffee and catch up on all my feeds on bloglovin… yours included :)

6. Crystal says:

THANK YOU for turning us on to Nina’s blog! I wanna be a kid again and ask her to adopt me so I can wear those great clothes and live in that beautiful space. Soooooo inspirational. And yes, I follow blogs still. I like knowing more about the blogger that quick social media like instagram can’t cover. Some of my favs are Posie Gets Cosy; Design Sponge; Coletterie; Angry Chicken; Old Chum; And My Paper Crane (duh)

Crystal, Oh I am so glad you like her blog! I think its so lovely! So glad I make the cut on your blog roll, you read a lot of my favorites!! :) :)

Ivonne, I love the idea of a Sunday morning ritual :) That sounds so lovely!