garden report Sept/Oct

Here are some photos of garden harvest from September and October. Tomatoes are still abundant, I am thinking five plants was a bit much as I keep having to give away buckets full. I know I could can some sauce, but I don’t really have a day (or experience) to dedicate to it right now. The pumpkins are doing well, I had some new ones start growing at the beginning of October, so I keep on checking on those fellas each day. The sunflowers have all been picked over by the birds, but the flowers still look so pretty in their withered state. We only grew one tiny watermelon. It was adorable, and smelled great when we cut it open. But as you can see it was mostly filled with seeds. All in all I’d say I am still very happy with my little garden.

Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to garden report Sept/Oct

1. Dawn says:

Wow it all looks so wonderful! I love that watermelon!!
    ~Dawn

2. Eliza says:

I love those pumpkins, and such a cute watermelon! Zapping extra tomatoes in a blender and freezing them in ziploc bags saves a ton of time you have freezer space :)

3. Jessica H. says:

That’s such a cute little watermelon! I’m impressed that you still have so many tomatoes! We pulled our plants a few weeks ago. All we have left are radishes, some really teeny-tiny spinach and beets.

Jessica, we actually still have green tomatoes out there too. I’m not sure if we have had our first frost here yet, so they may be kind of gross if I try to pull them, but even still I had 5 different plants and I think it was way too many. Although I am kind of a sucky gardner (in that I think I watered my garden two times this summer) things seem to do really well with whatever rain we have. I couldn’t believe how many tomatoes those plants have brought in! I did plant radish but they either didn’t grow, or something ate them (to be honest I forgot about them until late June) and when I checked on them I couldn’t find any!

Thanks for the tip Eliza, thats such a good idea!

Thanks Dawn, the watermelon sure was cute, just not very exciting to eat haha!