turning 37

bdayy

Last month I turned 37! Its so funny as I inch closer and closer to 40 how little it bothers me. I think it has a lot to do with how you feel, and I really do not feel old (not that I think 37 is old, but I think a lot of people start tossing out the word old the close you get to 40) Age is relative and I feel great, and young!
My birthday fell on a Tuesday and Tom took off work to spend it with me. We went out to breakfast to a local place I love called Christine’s. There was some amazing cake in the evening. Three small cakes to be exact, german chocolate, carrot cake, and chocolate peanut butter from a local bakery/fresh produce shop called Paul’s. An amazing new record, all the fall bath and body works, adventure time mug!
I also got to celebrate my birthday two other days, one with Molly and one with Heather. Molly took my out to brunch and then gave me all these crazy thoughtful gifts (look at that vintage bee!) Then the day after my birthday I met up with my sister for a lunch date and as always she wraps her gifts so beautifully. She got me a bunch of the Harajuku Girls perfumes that are hard to find. They all smell nice, but mostly its the adorably shaped bottles that get me.

13 Responses to turning 37

1. Dawn says:

Well happy Be-lated birthday!!
    ~Dawn

2. Most of my friends stressed out over becoming 30. I embraced it. Like you said, it’s not the number, but how you feel that counts. Happy Birthday, Heidi!

3. 37 looks so fine on you! happy happy birthday!

4. Persephone says:

I always thought when I turned 30, I’d finally feel “grown up” but I’m 33 and I feel like I always have. Age is just a number. I think it’s how you feel that really counts.
    And I love that bird and mushroom wrapping paper. Hope you saved some.

5. Amanda R. says:

A belated happy birthday to you! As I get older I don’t feel “old” I just feel more okay with being me. It looks like you had an awesome birthday and I adore that wrapping paper.

Thanks Amanda, I think I like your thought the “okay with being me” I think that sums it up nicely :)

Persephone, you know I saved all of that wrapping paper haha. I opened it very carefully!

Thanks so much Katie :)

Thanks Jessica :) I say why fight it? As long as I feel pretty good, I’m not worried about the number :)

10. Kristy says:

Happy belated birthday! And so happy to see you post a photo of yourself, so pretty! ;)

thanks so much Kristy :) Im not too big on photos of myself but try and post a few each year haha