I recently took the plunge and invested in a Juki TL-2010Q sewing machine Even though I sew for a big majority of my work, and I’ve been doing this as a career for the past twelve years, I could never bring myself to invest in a proper machine. Instead I’ve burnt out motors on cheaper machines, and just made do over the years. I am so in love with my new machine! The first thing I decided I needed to sew for it was a bag to hold all the accessories and feet that came with it. The Juki doesn’t have an area to store them on the machine, so I knew I needed to take care of that first. Plus I was eager to dive in and sew something up as soon as I figured out threading & oiling.
I used this free pattern by The Sewing Chick
for the body of the bag, but then altered it by adding a drawstring bag top because I didn’t want to knock the bag over, or lose anything if I moved it around the studio. This was my first time sewing with Cotton & Steel’s gorgeous fabrics
too, such a treat! As you can probably tell I still need to work on getting my tension down for the top stitching, but I was very impatient so I didn’t spend enough time testing it out.
I added one of the little fabric tags I made a few weeks back. You can see a bunch of the ones I made here all together
. I used a technique I found here for creating the tags
. They were so easy to make and really add something extra to a project!
Tagged craft, DIY, sewing. Bookmark the permalink.