Just Two Words Project: Ice Cream & Giant

jtw8

For this project I picked the word giant and Jessee picked ice cream. We decided to focus on an art print since it’s not what either of us are usually making. At first I had grand plans of making something with an actual giant, but couldn’t get into anything I was drawing. In the end I went with a girl who looks like a giant to a bug chowing down on an ice cream cone. I did something a bit different then I normally do by drawing outlines on everything, and in the end I didn’t love the effect, but I’m always glad to step outside my comfort zone and try something new.

Tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Just Two Words Project: Ice Cream & Giant

1. Kya says:

Aww, it looks incredibly lovely and I adore the scene that you created as well! :D

2. ivonne says:

do you work in Illustrator or Photoshop?

Thanks Kya, I wasn’t 100% happy with the finished scene, but I do enjoy the process of pushing myself outside my normal thing and trying something new. :)

Ivonne, just photoshop…I taught myself photoshop over the years and I have tried illustrator a few times but I always find myself going back to what I know best haha

5. Jennifer says:

Love it, Heidi! I love the circle border, too, as opposed to the standard square. It would be cool to find someone else to do a creative project like this with to help get out of that comfort zone. Maybe you guys could start an online class and match people together? I would take the class :)

Jennifer, Jessee and I have talked before about how we can include the outside community (how cool would it be to see everyone’s take on two words) but we haven’t quite figured out how we will do it logistically just yet. Your idea is an interesting one though!

7. Jennifer says:

It would be cool!! I hope that you gals can figure something out. Count me in ;)