Heather Ross mini quilt swap

A few months back I signed up for my very first mini quilt swap on instagram. It was a Heather Ross themed swap. You make a mini quilt using Heather Ross fabrics, and send it off to a partner. I used Modern Handcraft’s free tutorial for making modern hexies. I love the technique, it looks so cool once its quilted, and I think I need to make another one to keep. I decided to make a scrappy binding too (my first one!) I took some photos of my finished quilt that I will post soon, as well as photos of what I received which was an gorgeous mini with tons of handmade extras.

Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Heather Ross mini quilt swap

1. rae says:

i love it! It turned out SO CUTE!

thanks so much Rae :)

3. Jennifer says:

Oh my word, Heidi! That is beautiful! What a lucky swap partner!!! I started making hexies awhile back to make a quilt for our bed. Unfortunately, I chose a small hexie so it is taking forever. Maybe I should make them into a mini quilt, instead :)

Jennifer, a mini quilt is a great idea!! I love how satisfying it is because it works up so quickly :)

5. ~mary~ says:

For some reason I do not have the option to leave a comment on the Birthday Cake slices post….so, I’ll do it here. Ha! Such a fabulous job! The first thing I thought when i saw them was how cute and perfect the confetti cake fabric was, then to read you did all those dots BY HAND on all of those slices! Geez! You are awesome.

Mary, it cuts off comments after a few days to prevent loads of spam comments :) Aww Im so glad you think the confetti looks good!! Some times I have some crazy ideas, but luckily creating the dots went by faster then expected haha