Inspired by the Martha Stewart window cling silhouettes, I made some Halloween curtains. I have been looking for a sturdy yet gauzey orange fabric and found it today on clearance at Joanne’s. I cut the curtains to fit inside the windows with enough leftover to sew a small channel at the top for the tension rods. Then using spray glue and black craft felt I created the silhouettes.
Once the sun is down the effect you see now should be seen from outside our house as the house light shines out. The black felt is actually much more opaque looking then it seems here, so I can’t wait to see it tonight. I’ll post the night time photos over on Flickr.
These should be fairly easy to store and re-use year after year.