As hard as it is to say goodbye to all the fun Halloween decorations, I have begun to put them all away so I can have a short break of somewhat empty rooms, until we dig out the bins of Christmas decorations. Till next year my pumpkin friends!
Please feel free to make a pumpkin or two for your holiday decorating. Just please remember this DIY is for your own personal use and may not be sold, or changed in any way.
1. First print out the jack o’ lantern there will be two pages.
2. I used my Xyron XM1255 to create a permanent adhesive on the backs, you can also use spray glue. Then attach your pumpkin sheets to card stock.
3. Use an x-acto knife to cut your pumpkin out. For the side pieces leave them as long as possible for now, it makes it easier to assemble.
4. Next attach the face pieces behind, my favorite kind of glue to use on paper projects is 3m Scotch Quick-dry Tacky Adhesive it really dries quick but gives you a lot more hold then something like a glue stick.
5. Once dry you are going to feed your side pieces through. The longest part sits against the bottom, and then you just carefully pull each long strip through the cut holes.
6. Next one by one you will trim the strip and glue it down to the pumpkin. Hold each strip end down until it dries (it will be quick with the scotch glue)
You can punch little holes near the top and add a string or wire handle, fill it with some tricks & treats and you are good to go! If you make one, please post a link-I’d love to see!
Jessee made her jack o lantern macarons, and everyone brought potluck goodies! The craft was sort of scattered this month, sort of a make halloween themed accessory but without any real direction, and made me realize I need to plan something a bit more carefully next month. I was supposed to even have shrinky dinks for jewelry, and forgot all about it. But besides that I think it was still a fun time! We did our white elephant gift swap (but Halloween themed), the costume contest, and enjoyed all the crazy good food. I can’t believe the next crafternoon I am planning is Thanksgiving!! Where has this year gone to?
Above is the embedded playlist for you to play. If for any reason you can’t play it here-you can go play it on 8tracks here.
You can also check out my previous years mixes here.