New York City was a blast!
We stayed at Metro Apartments
which were awesome, and we would stay at again in a heartbeat. The location was a really quick walk to Time’s Square, and the place was lovely with a living room/kitchen/dining room area, bedroom, and bathroom.
We had crepes and coffee one afternoon, pomme frites
, treats to go from Milk Bar
but we both ate the cereal milk soft serve there, dinner at Soy And Sake
, we also ate dinner at a place across from Rockefeller center where we had pimento cheese fritters as an appetizer , but I can’t recall the name.
Since Blythecon was all day Sunday we had about a day and a half to explore the city. On Saturday we checked into our hotel at 3pm and were able to walk and hit a lot of things from our list, and then take a cab back to the hotel at the end of the night since we ended the evening near Central Park.
- We were disappointed they didn’t have any Animal Crossing merchandise, but very happy with both had our DS’s with us, so we got lots of new houses in the Happy Home Showcase. Plus we got to see that couple in the amazing Animal Crossing costume!
- I wish they had more stickers, and stationary type items…although I did get to squish a penny in their machine.
- could of spent quite a bit of money here!
-This is where we probably spent the most time, in the basement level pouring over the japanese craft books & magazines. It was pure heaven!
We had a lot more items on our list that we just couldn’t get to because of either time or location…
Tinsel Trading Company
- We were both so excited to go here, but when we arrived after walking all over (as it was one of our last stops before dinner) we were so sad to see they had moved locations. Next time for sure!
Mimi And Coco
- We didn’t make it here because we didn’t have any other plans on the lower east side, but someday!
Pearl River Mart
-again just didn’t have any other stops planned near this one, but it’s supposed to be three stories, so I’m sure it would be a lot of fun.
We took the train back home late Monday afternoon, and it was a smooth ride with lots of Animal Crossing to keep us busy. So many houses to explore!
Now that I am back home again, and as far as I know my traveling for 2013 is over, I am ready to just be home for a good long while. I finally finished decorating the inside of the house for Halloween and have a big Halloween party coming up quick. I still have some Halloween goodies to share on the blog, so I’ll be posting those soon as this month just seems to be flying by!