Plush Of The Month Club June







The Plush Of The Month Club boxes for June were something I had wanted to make for a long time. Trying to source the tin tv dinner trays took a long time, and then almost a month to even arrive, but I am glad for my patience because I was really happy with how they turned out. I cut out, folded, and glued the 200 cardboard covers over the course of a few days and as much as I love cutting things out, I was really happy when that part was over. I was very excited to find the packs of gummy peas and carrots. It seemed to fit in real well with the theme. I also included a little vintage style tv sticker in each box. It’s hard to believe but the Plush Of The Month Club will be one year old in September, this year of making crazy boxes of plush has really flown by.

Sew Together Bag






A few weeks back my friend Katie and her son came to stay for the weekend. On Sunday we decided we should do some sort of sewing project together and Katie was talking about how she needed a new makeup bag. I’ve made the Sew Together bag once before, but it was on my old machine and I ended up giving it away, so it seemed a good time to try another.
I don’t have any photos of Katie’s bag except here on Instagram because I took these photos later, but she did such a great job! While I think Katie does enjoy sewing, I’m pretty sure she was cursing me for making her attempt such an involved bag. In the end though you could tell she was super proud and had a new makeup carrying case for her next trip!
I love my bag and still have not decided exactly what I want to keep in it, which probably means I need a new special project just to store in my bag.
Sew Together bag pattern
Kim Kight’s Lucky Strikes fabric for Cotton & Steel (this is what I used on my bag, I love these fabrics so much!)

Quilt

quilt3

I have been slowly working on a quilt. I know I have made quilts in the past, but they were usually a hodgepodge of fabrics with no real pattern used. I decided this time to use 12 inch foundation piecing blocks to make up my quilt front. I used a combination of patterns I found at Wombat Quilts, and Sew What Sherlock.
I ended up including a 24 inch box in there and really liked how it looked. I’ve finished sewing it together and even quilted it at this point. I will be sure and get it outside to get some photos of the whole thing very soon! One of my favorite features was a suggestion by my friend Jessee. I was talking to her about the backing fabric and its need to be pieced from two pieces of fabric due to size and she suggested adding a line of blocks to the back so there wasn’t just a seam. I made a bunch of 8 inch blocks and I love the effect. I have already started on my next quilt with Halloween fabrics.