April Crafternoon

April’s crafternoon was hosted by Katie at her home in West Virginia. Katie’s house is in the woods/mountain area and there is a lot to see. She has chickens, the forest, a neighbor with piglets, and come Monday she will even be an official bee keeper with bees!
Katie’s crafternoon was a seed swap/garden marker making party. She made all kinds of food like a really delicious blueberry tart, and had a never ending supply of her homemade iced mocha coffee. I decided to paint rocks to look like the “rock fact” guy from Over The Garden Wall, Molly made little figures out of clay to push into her indoor potted plants, and a lot of other people painted rocks or corks to look like bugs, mushroom, etc. I wish I had gotten photos of everything!
We did a white elephant gift swap with Easter baskets, so I used the tote I had made at the last crafternoon as my basket and filled it with candy and two handmade surprise balls. There are so many great tutorials out there for making your own surprise balls, but I think I might put together a blog post with ideas for what to put inside them, a mixture of handmade and things you can buy. They are so much fun to make that I am considering hosting a crafternoon at my house where we do just that. I think they are great to then save set aside for those last minute gifts, or a little something extra to add to a present.
Anyhow I really enjoyed taking another month off hosting, and just getting to attend! Its not only very relaxing, but fun to get to drive out and visit everyone’s houses.

Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to April Crafternoon

1. Sarah Watson says:

Your craft afternoons look soo much fun

2. Kya says:

That looks like it would have been a lot of fun and it would be nice to attend them rather then host, takes some of the pressure on and you can just enjoy friends and creative activities!

It sounds like Katie has such a home place to live, that hopefully made it even more relaxing too. :D

The rocks look hilarious and awesome. :D

3. Jessica H. says:

What a fun crafternoon! I would love to have space for chickens and learn bee keeping. I really want to pull out my clay and make some garden markers now. :)

4. kate says:

I’m so glad I was able to host and even happier it’s over! It was great, but a lot of work. I totally hold you in higher regard now for all the crafternoons you have hosted yourself. I don’t know how you did it for so long!

Kate, well you did an amazing job! So true though that its lots of work, haha I’m always so exhausted after everyone leaves but then its clean up time ;) thanks again!

Jessica, fun stuff right? I love the idea of chickens too but I think our dog would drive them crazy! I can’t wait to go back over and see how her bees are coming along. They also have huge new garden plots they just built up for this year, and I cant wait to check back on those.

Kya, Yes it is such a great feeling to sleep in a bit, get ready and head to someone else’s house for the day :) Her house is tucked into the mountain/woods and its always so inviting and cozy even in the winter because she has a big fireplace in the kitchen and wood stove in the living room!

Thanks Sarah, its one of my favorite ways to spend a weekend!